Covid 19 Update
About PCR & Antigen Tests
To meet U.S and other countries entry requirements and according to the CDC guidelines, NIZUC Resort & Spa is currently providing the COVID testing service for our guests’ convenience.
COVID Antigen Test: This test should be taken 48 hours before departure date. This service is provided at the resort, and a certified medical professional administers the testing. Results are available in 30 minutes.
Cost: US$100 per person
COVID-19 RT-PCR: This test should be taken in a local laboratory 72 hrs before departure. An appointment at least 24 hours before your selected date is required, and results are delivered to the guest’s email in 24-36 hrs.
Cost: US$200 per person
Onsite PCR is available upon the laboratory availability.
Children under two years of age are exempt from testing based on the regulations set forth by the CDC.
Guests may contact our concierge team to schedule their departure test as soon as they check-in.
At NIZUC Resort & Spa, our guests’ comfort and well-being are our priority; please feel confident in contacting us if you have any questions [email protected]
Precautionary measures taken by NIZUC Resort & Spa with regards to Covid 19
To ensure a comfortable and safe environment for our guests and employees, NIZUC Resort & Spa following official information from the Mexican government at State and Federal levels, and in accordance with the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the U.S., has implemented the following measures.
- Temperature taking for all arriving guests prior to check in.
- During temperature check, guests may be asked to fill out a short health questionnaire.
- All luggage will be sanitized (exterior).
- Use of high performance deep cleaning process in all common guest and employees areas using a variety of products from Diversey, well known provider of cleaning and hygiene solutions for the hospitality industry.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the resort in strategic places such as front desk, pool & beach areas, restaurant & bar entrances and other high frequented areas.
- Only 2 persons (except families traveling together) will be allowed in elevators. Furniture in guest areas will be arranged according to social distancing guidelines.
- Guests are advised to practice social distancing by standing at least 6 feet (1.5meters) away from other guests not traveling together with them
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of all computer equipment such as business center, front desk, reception, bell desk, elevators, kids club, public bathrooms, ATM, stairs handrails.
- All rooms, suites & villas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using DIVERSEY solutions after each check out.
- All bed linen and towels will be changed daily and washed in high temperatures.
- Disinfection of high touch items such as door handles, switches, phones, remote control, mini bar, etc. Other items such as paper, pens, magazines will be available on request only.
- Personal hand sanitizers will be placed in all rooms for guests’ use during their stay.
Restaurants & Bars
- All our restaurants and bars are certified and recognized by the Ministry of Tourism for maintaining the highest standards for hygiene in food and beverage handling. In addition all CDC guidelines are strictly followed.
- Common areas of restaurants are treated with high end cleaning and disinfectant solutions.
- Our kitchens and utensils are washed and disinfected with Spartan products, well known in cleaning and sanitation solutions for restaurants.
- Seating in all restaurants and bars are in accordance with social distancing guidelines as offered by the CDC.
- Employees are required to wear gloves and masks.
- Digital menu’s will be available on an app.
- Contactless suite service is available.
Pool and Beach
- All facilities are organized in accordance with social distancing guidelines and we ask that chairs and lounges do not be moved
- All watersports equipment continue to be washed and disinfected after each guest use
- Winiks Kids Club has a capacity controlled environment and may not be able to accept all kids at any time, social distancing and cleaning guidelines are followed as per the CDC.
Private Airport Transfers
- All cars are disinfected and cleaned thoroughly before and after each service.
- The driver will apply disinfectant to all luggage prior to loading on the vehicle and will maintain a safe distance and will use a face mask, as well as hand sanitizer.
- Sanitizers will be available on each vehicle for our guests.
Strict Hygiene for All Employees
- All employees receive training on Covid 19 safety and sanitation protocols.
- More comprehensive training is given to those with frequent guest contact including restaurant and bar staff, housekeeping, public areas staff, security and front of house (reception, concierge, guest relations). Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well. Any employee showing symptoms of any illness will not be allowed to enter the resort.
- We have a Covid 19 special team to address any cases detected
- Medical services are available 24/7
NIZUC SPA by ESPA precautionary measures with regards to Covid 19
- During the Spa booking process, the guest will be informed of amendments in our operating procedures, which have been implemented to ensure guests and employees are safe and protected. If booking any Spa service is outside of 2 weeks prior to arrival, we will send a digital consultation form to be completed and returned 7 days prior to appointment. Questions regarding medical conditions of guest and anyone in their household will be asked in order to screen for symptoms such as cough, breathlessness, breathing difficulties, headaches, sore throat.
- In case of booking a Spa service while guest is already checked in the resort, the same questions will be asked at the moment reservation is made.
- At check in at the Spa reception, temperature will be taken.
- Reservations will be confirmed in order to allow a maximum of 4 persons at check in in 15 minute intervals. This will also apply to the hydrotherapy sections, with no more than 4 persons at a time.
- All employees are required to wear face masks at all times
- Items such as boards, pens, check holders will be disinfected every time after each use.
- Bottled water will be offered only during the check in process.
- List of amenities will be provided in the vanity area, and will be supplied only when requested by a guest.
- Use of thermal and relaxation beds will be capacity restricted to allow social distancing measures. Thermal beds will be disinfected after each guest’s use. Towels from relaxation beds will be removed (as we currently do) after each guest’s use.
- All railings to access the different pools will be disinfected on a regular basis and after guest use.
- Employees must wear gloves when distributing any amenity or towels.
- Therapists must apply disinfectant spraying after preparing the cabin for treatment.
- Therapists must wear face mask at all times.
- Therapists must wash and disinfect hands prior to start of treatment.
- For massage treatment, guest will be offered the option to wear a face mask.
- After treatment is finished, therapist will clean and disinfect all areas of the cabin and spray according to protocols.
- Gym trainers will wear face masks at all times.
- Guests will be offered antibacterial gel to apply on their hands prior to any equipment use.
- Trainer will clean with disinfectant wipes each equipment immediately after each use.
- Only bottled water will be offered.
- Tennis pro will offer guest antibacterial gel to apply on their hands prior to class/game.
- Tennis pro will use a face mask prior to start of the lesson/game.
- All racquets, pens and other items used in the area will be disinfected prior and after each guest’s use
The safety and well being of our guests and employees are top priority. Due to the precautionary measures taken with regards to Covid 19, please note that the resort’s restaurants, bars, recreational areas, spa and other services, may be limited until further notice.